ASDC Seeks Projects Associate
ASDC Projects Associate
SALARY: £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
DEADLINE: The deadline for applications has now passed
The UK's Association for Science and Discovery Centres (ASDC), Central Bristol, c. £22,000 + benefits (including 25 days' holiday + bank holidays + pension + private health care scheme).
The charity: The UK Association for Science and Discovery Centres (ASDC) is an educational charity based in Bristol, playing a strategic role in the Nation's engagement in science. As the UK's vibrant national membership organisation that brings together the leading informal science engagement organisations in the UK, including the major science and discovery centres and science museums, their vision is for a society where people are intrigued, inspired and involved with the sciences. Every year in the UK, 20 million people of all ages and backgrounds choose to engage with science in a hands-on, involving and personal way, at one of the UK's science and discovery centres or science museums. To find out more please visit www.sciencecentres.org.uk.
The role: We are looking for an exceptional individual to appoint to the varied role of ASDC Project Associate based in central Bristol. This role requires someone who is highly-motivated and would relish the chance to learn and progress in the field of science engagement, delighting in the opportunity to meet and communicate with members in centres across the UK.
The successful candidate will be flexible, highly motivated, utterly organised and will play a key and far-reaching role in the small, innovative and fast-paced team.
The Projects Associate will be responsible for supporting all ASDC projects, activities and communications. This will include working on the delivery of key national science engagement projects and events, as well as responsibility for updating the ASDC website and organising member communications including social media.
Project Associate, Responsibilities:
- Event organisation - Supporting the delivery of the ASDC National Conference and AGM with specific responsibility for event organisation, leading on all communications and on-line bookings and finding and securing exhibitors.
- Compiling the monthly ASDC newsletter which goes to science engagement professionals in the UK and overseas.
- Proof reading documents and coordinating the production of marketing materials.
- Writing engaging content for social media and to regularly update the ASDC website, celebrating projects and activities.
- Supporting the ASDC Project managers in delivery of ASDC's multiple National STEM programmes including organising national training academies, supporting project meetings, ordering and sending out equipment for projects etc.
- Supporting the CEO and Deputy CEO to deliver national events and programmes including travel and meeting arrangements.
- Keeping the membership and partner database up to date.
- Managing office supplies and contractors.
- Ensuring delivery of projects to agreed scope of works, deadlines and budgets and maintaining accurate time-sheets for project work.
- General administration and project support as required.
Project Associate, Requirements:
- A proven passion for science engagement.
- A degree in science.
- A minimum of 12 months' project coordination experience or similar.
- Excellent, vibrant written English and the ability to write engaging concise and catchy web content and newsletters and proof read as necessary.
- Excellence and confidence in engaging people at all levels and working collaboratively with external organisations. This would include excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly positive manner and the ability to enthuse public engagement professionals across the UK.
- Ability to efficiently use (or quickly learn how to use) a CMS (to edit website), a CRM database and various forms of technology (Eventbright, survey monkey, mail chimp etc, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.)
- An excellent knowledge of a range of social media channels and the passion to use it to facilitate networking between ASDC members
- An efficient approach to administrative tasks and exceptional organisation and attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to travel to Science and Discovery Centres and events across the UK, including occasional overnight stays and early starts.
Project Associate, Desirable requirements:
- Experience delivering public engagement programmes with families or schools.
- A strong track record working (or volunteering) with or in a UK science and discovery centres, science museum or informal learning organisation.
To apply, please send a one page formal covering letter with your CV saying why you would relish the opportunity to take this position, what you would bring to the ASDC, and how your previous experience and passion is relevant to this role.
The deadline for applications has now passed.
Interviews: At the ASDC office, Bristol. May 16 2017
Dawn O'Shea is a recruitment partner recruiting directly on behalf of ASDC. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us by May 16 you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide details of 2 referees and bring along proof of UK residence and original copies of qualifications. Only applicants who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.