Playing sport equals a healthy body, a healthy mind and even contributes to a healthy economy through advances in technology. LoveSport the exhibition is everything that sport should be - accessible, fun, challenging and most of all, for everyone!
The main goals of the exhibition are to:
- encourage visitors to get active during their visit
- try new and unusual sports
- understand that there is lots of science behind sport
- encourage higher levels of activity and participation in local sport following the visit.
The exhibition has five themed areas linked so as to provide a continuous journey around the exhibits:
- The sporting body - coordination, balance and strength
- The sporting mind - concentration and reaction
- Fit for sport - stamina, speed and suppleness
- Sports technology - aerodynamics, drugs, energy transfer, equipment
- Over to you - compares your scores with others; find out how to get active in your area
LoveSport will strive to visually combine all the feelings associated with sporting endeavour, from grass roots to superstardom, from the World Cup to jumpers for goal posts!
Sport is for all, and by using subtle visual clues we will create a warm, human, informative environment that makes sport fun and accessible for people of all ages and abilities.
|Number of exhibits||24|
|Minimum rental period||Negotiable|
|Transportation||3 x 40ft articulated trailers, with on-site parking for 1 day.
Hirer to pay all transportation costs.
|Installation duration||Maximum of two weeks|
|Insurance||Venue pays for insurance while in transit and at the venue|
|Support materials||Exhibition manual including educational notes, promotional material, spare parts|
LoveSport is an exhibition produced by The Association for Science and Discovery Centres Travelling Exhibitions Consortium (eTEC) and funded by the Millennium Commission through a ReDiscover grant.